These cupcakes look amazing and I am sure they will make a big statement at your next party!
Here is the recipe:
2 ¾ cups cake flour
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup butter, softened
4 large egg whites, plus 1 whole large egg
1 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2 drops Lavender essential oil
Lavender Cream Cheese Icing:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
16 oz (2 packages) cream cheese, room temperature
5 cups powdered sugar
1 pod’s worth of vanilla beans
1 toothpick Lavender essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put cupcake liners into muffin tins.
- Mix dry ingredients on slow speed for 2 minutes to blend.
- Add the soft butter and mix until evenly crumbly.
- Add egg whites one at a time, then add the whole egg, beating well after each addition to begin building the structure of the cake. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with each egg addition.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk with vanilla and Lavender essential oil. Add to the batter ⅓ cup at a time. Beat 1 to 2 minutes after each addition, until fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Lavender Cream Cheese Icing:
- With an electric mixer, and using the paddle attachment, not the whisk, mix the butter and cream cheese together, about 3 minutes on medium speed until very smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Add vanilla extract and toothpick of Lavender essential oil and mix. Slowly add powdered sugar. Keep adding until you get desired sweetness and thickness. Taste for flavor and add more Lavender essential oil a toothpick full at a time to get the desired taste.
- Spread icing on the cooled cupcakes and refrigerate until serving.
Recipe by DoTerra